Coffee can easily be likened to the elixir of life; a delightful beverage filled with a magical remedy that can awaken if the most fatigued of minds. There is something truly wonderful about starting the day with a warm cup of swirling coffee, inhaling the aromas and sipping at the scrumptious taste.
What’s even better is if you can start the day with that glorious cup of coffee in your own home, thanks to a Nespresso coffee machine.
Nespresso coffee machines come in a stylish range and are easy to use. They have a sleek design and vibrant colours to choose from. What’s more is that they come in a variety of sizes so there is bound to be one that suits your home and lifestyle.
Of course, these machines require care and maintenance. After all, they are providing you with the ethereal cup of coffee in the morning, so the least you can do is keep the Nespresso machine clean in return.
Here are some handy step by step guides on how to clean Nespresso machine and keep it spick and span so that it can keep providing you with the coffee you’re craving. Just a simple 20 minutes of cleaning means a longer lasting machine for continually perfect coffee.
Descaling – Step by Step
First of all, you will need to descale your coffee machine. Like any coffee machine, Nespresso machines build up deposits of calcium and lime from the water usage. When you descale your machine, you remove these deposits. Not only is your machine cleaner, but the coffee will taste better.
It is recommended that you descale your Nespresso machine two or three times a year, or after three hundred uses. Descaling your coffee machine and how to clean Nespresso machine is easily done in these four steps.
- Remove capsules and container, and then mix in a sachet of descaling solution and four cups of fresh warm water in the container.
- Place a container that can hold one liter in the coffee outlet and turn the machine on to descale mode.
- Rinse out all the water containers and run the cycle again with just fresh, clean water.
- Exit the descaling mode and empty and rinse the drip tray.
Watch how to descale the Nespresso Lattissima + Coffee Machine in this video here.
General Cleaning – Step by Step
After everyday use (or maybe two or three times a day), you’re Nespresso machine is going to need some TLC and a general clean one a week or so. You can maintain the upkeep of your Nespresso machine and make it shinier and well maintained throughout the week.
Some basic steps on how to clean Nespresso machine on a daily or weekly basis are outlined below.
- Clean the water container using hot soapy water and dry thoroughly before replacing.
- Check the coffee outlet tray for any stains or marks, and give it a thorough wipe over with a damp, soapy cloth. Then rinse it off with a damp cloth and dry using a towel.
- Use a basic spray and wipe for the body of the machine to remove any finger marks or other stains that may occur from daily use.
- Check all over for dust build up and give it a sweep with a brush or cloth to ensure no dust clogs up the insides.
Deep Cleaning – Step by Step
As with any type of cleaning, ensuring the longevity and maintenance of your Nespresso machine is the priority. Giving the insides of the machine a deep clean every month or two will help the coffee production be top notch so that you can ensure a tasty brew.
This step by step guide will help you with how to clean Nespresso machine with an easy system.
- Turn the Nespresso machine on and place a towel over the top.
- Fill two cups of water and add about 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Pour the solution into the water reservoir of the machine.
- Press down both ‘brew’ buttons until the flash at the same time, entering descaling mode and place a cup or bowl in the catchment tray so that water doesn’t leak everywhere.
- Repeat the process again but using just clean, fresh water, about two cups.
- Exit descale mode and give everything a wipe over, making your machine look spick and span.
Hopefully this article has given you new insight on how to keep your Nespresso clean looking clean and shiny.
The key is taking care of the machine and ensuring it has a deep clean every month or two, a descaling session two or three times a year, and giving everything a wipe over and inspection throughout the week.
This way you won’t get any nasty build ups to interfere with a perfect cup of coffee shared between Nespresso and you.