Whether you're cramming for a school project or running late for an early meeting, we all know that sleepless feeling! With caffeine, you'll be able to perk yourself up and be able to stay alert and awake for the rest of the day.
If you're one who doesn't want to spend a lot on expensive cups of coffee, you can choose to invest in an espresso machine. You can find the best espresso machine under $200, saving you a lot of money! From all the brands available, which one is the best?
Top Rated Espresso Machines Under $200
Water Tank Capacity
Top 3 Best Espresso Machines Under 200 Reviews
Based on our reviews, here are our top three picks on the best espresso machine under $200 and what we have to think about them:
Mr. Coffee lands on our number one pick on the best espresso machine because of its ease of use. It has the one touch control panel to give you your desired drink in no time. Everything is automatic and won’t give you a headache
We love how it has a one-touch control panel to let the espresso machine do the job for you. It only takes a push of a button or two to adjust the settings according to your coffee preference.
You can choose between making single or double shots of espresso. You can even make a cappuccino or latte with its automatic milk frother!
The milk frother can give your milk that creamy consistency, making it a perfect addition to your coffee. And with its removable reservoirs, you now have an easier time adding your water or milk. Plus, it makes the body easier to clean!
Despite this one con, we can say that it's still worth the investment. It comes at an affordable price, gives off quality drinks without the frills, and there's no need to worry about cleaning or difficulty of using anymore. I love how it does everything automatically, from frothing milk down to pulling espresso.
The espresso machine comes in a complete package, including all the necessary filters, a measuring scoop, a tamper, and a list of recipes to start off with. We would definitely recommend this for those beginning their journey to crewing new flavors of coffee.
What We Like
- Easy to use
- A good price
- One touch control panel
- One press milk frothing
- Drip Catcher makes it easy to clean
What We Didn’t Like
- Less durable
Nestle is known for their good coffee and espresso machines. With the Nespresso Inissia, you’ll be able to take full advantage of its quick performance. What we love about the machine is its sleek body! It has the professional design that would match any kitchen interior. Plus, it comes in different colors, so you can choose the best design according to your preference.
It's one of the easiest and most efficient espresso machines to use. And because it uses Nespresso capsules, you still have a variety of aromatic and wonderful flavors to choose from. You get a delicious brew to start your day.
The espresso machine comes with a host of advanced features that will make your experience a hassle-free one. When making coffee, it only takes less than half a minute to brew! It also has an automatic power off feature that shuts the machine down after nine minutes of inactivity.
The machine is also known to be energy efficient with an A-class energy rating. It helps save energy, making it great for the environment and your electricity bill.
It comes with a 24-ounce removable tank and a folding tray cup, so you can easily add in tall glasses or mugs. It can hold up to eleven used capsules until it needs replacement.
Being an affordable option out of all the Nespresso machines, I can definitely say I'm satisfied with its performance. It's quick, easy, and the espresso is good. It's great for beginners who want a quick fix and don't mind the limitations of their coffee.
What We Like
- Easiest espresso maker to use
- Takes two buttons to set up
- Many variety of drinks
- Preheating time takes 25 seconds.
- Energy efficient espresso machine
- Shuts off right after nine minutes of inactivity
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to store or move
- Most affordable Nespresso machine
- Sleek and modern design
What We Didn’t Like
- It only uses Nespresso coffee capsules
- No variety of using other beans
The DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is one we admire for its classic design. But even with the look of a manual espresso machine, it’s simple to use and easy to understand.
With this espresso machine, you can make different drinks, such as cappuccinos and lattes! It can even make double shots of espresso for those who really want to wake up! It doesn't matter what you want in your coffee, as the DeLonghi will be able to provide one of the best and full-bodied espresso shots you need.
With its manual frother, you have the freedom to choose how creamy and rich you want your froth to be. With 15-bar professional pressure, you will always have the quality results without the hassle or putting too much effort.
We love the stainless body that looks great in any kitchen counter. The design is compact, making it light and not taking up too much room.
It comes with a rapid cappuccino system, so you can keep brewing cups without having to wait. With its removable water tank, you can easily clean and replace the water. It comes in a complete package, with the frother, filter holders, and the tamper.
The price is less than $100, making it a great investment. It's an espresso machine that can have you save a ton on readymade coffees from cafes but still give you the quality espresso compared to instant coffee. It's definitely for those looking for control over their espresso at an affordable price.
What We Like
- Reasonably Priced
- Makes delicious espresso
- Quick heat up time
- Quality frothing wand
- No waiting
- Authentic and quality performance
- Easy to use
- More control
- Strong and durable
- Easy-to-clean filter and construction
What We Didn’t Like
- Espresso cups are smaller
- Faulty built-in tamper
Benefits of Using an Espresso Machine
You may be wondering: How do you save time and money using an espresso machine? I'm sure you would rather just purchase a cup of coffee from your local cafe.
But contrary to that belief, there are a ton of benefits you will be able to reap with the best espresso machine! Here are the advantages of having an espresso machine will give you.
- You'll be able to control how much espresso you want. It's a complicated process you can get a hang of once you begin doing it. Because not all cafes make coffee the same way, you'll never be content. Once you have full control of what YOU want, you can enjoy the energy boost the way you want it.
- Coffee is expensive, depending on the cafes you go to. Instant coffee won't do either! When you use an espresso machine, you'll cut costs and be able to purchase espresso at fraction the price. You'll be able to focus your coffee expenses on something else.
- It's very convenient. Since not all of us will have the time to visit cafes, we'll be able to get out caffeine fix at home.
- You have more options to how you want your coffee to be. You can have it your way without dictating it to anyone else, with the chances of them getting it wrong.
- An espresso machine is actually very easy to use. Once you begin making a few cups of coffee, you'll easily make a batch of good coffee in a snap. Some espresso machines take only a few pushes of a button.
- Having your own espresso machine in your home or office will have you look more classy. It gives a touch of elegance and upscale ambiance to your office or home, impressing customers and visitors.
How to Choose The Best Espresso Machine
Purchasing the best espresso machine for your home or office is fairly easy. For those who are unfamiliar with how to do it, here are some of the factors to consider to help you out.
- Type of Espresso Machine: There are different types of espresso machines you’ll need to check up on. Depending on the type of drinks you’ll like to make and how much of an “expert” you are on espresso, you’ll want to choose form the following.
- Manual: These are perfect for those who know how to make coffee and how they want it. You have full control of your espresso, and you’ll be able to get quality coffee. BUT, they can be expensive and hard to use, especially for those who have no idea how an espresso machine works.
- Semi-Automatic: These have electric pumps and are an affordable type of espresso machine. These are great for those who want control of their espresso but giving them an easier time.
- Fully Automatic: They are very easy to use, though you have less control of how you want your espresso. But, they can be affordable and have an electric pump, as compared to the semi-automatic espresso machine.
- Super Automatic: This is the easiest espresso machine that will do the job for you. This is perfect for those who want to save up on time and the effort in making their own coffee.
*Watch how to choose an Espresso Machine in this video here.
Features and Ease of Use
Look for an espresso machine that’s easy to use and will have you getting quality coffee without the frills. This is unless you’d like more control on your espresso. While some espresso machines require pulling and other adjustments, some will work in only a touch of a button.
Each espresso machine would have different features you’ll want, depending on the types of drinks you’ll want to make. Search up on what you prefer to have an easier and enjoyable time using your machine.
- Design: This is another important aspect of the espresso machine. Consider how big or small you want your espresso machine to be. Take more that some are very big and will take up some space. If you want something aesthetic, you can find classic or modern designs of espresso machines to make your kitchen look more beautiful. It's also best to look for one that's easy to maintain, lessening effort or costs on maintenance and cleaning.
- Brand Reputation: There are many different brands you will be able to choose from when looking for the best espresso machine under $200. It's best to start off with more popular and reputable ones. That way, you are assured a quality espresso machine loved and backed up by many. Plus, handling customer service will be easier.
- Price: You searched for the best espresso machine under $200, so you'll want something within reason. While espresso machines can get a bit expensive, you can find those at good prices while still giving you the quality coffee you want. Search up on the average prices of espresso machines that won't break your bank.
How to Use an Espresso Machine
For those who are wondering how an espresso machine works, don’t be daunted by the controls and terms! It’s actually very easy to use and understand. Here are some main things to know when using an espresso machine.
You will be able to create the following drinks:
- Espresso shot - Like black coffee, but bolder and darker.
- Macchiato - An espresso shot with steamed milk and foam.
- Cappuccino - A macchiato with extra milk, which is one of the most common drink people love.
- Latte - Like a cap p uccino but with more milk and a thinner layer of foam.
- Mocha - A cappuccino with chocolate.
Depending on your espresso machine, all you need to do is add water and turn the machine on, waiting for the water to heat up.
Add the espresso coffee into the basket and cover, letting the machine do the work. Add milk or any other sweetener, if desired.
And that’s it! So long as you follow the instructions based on the espresso machine you have, you’ll be able to make the perfect cup of coffee in minutes.
here are different types of espresso machines to choose from, and while some may be harder to use than others, you’ll be able to get it in time, with practice.
*Watch how to User an Espresso Machine in this video
I’m sure you’ve felt that sudden tiredness while working late hours. With a good espresso machine, you’ll be able to keep up with the workload.
We chose Mr. Coffee Premium Espresso/Cappuccino system as our top pick because of its ease of use and very high-tech features that make brewing a cup of coffee a snap, as compared to the two others we have reviewed. It achieves all the benefits of an espresso machine, providing performance in a sleek design.
Hopefully, this article will have helped you know which espresso machines to purchase. So what are you waiting for? Invest in the best espresso machine under $200.
*Did you enjoy the article or have any other reviews? Then comment down below. We would love to hear what you have to think on the top 3 best espresso machine under $200.